Day of the OP

Posted by James | Posted in | Posted on 05:01

Well the day has finally come.  We was up at 5 this morning to  get ready to take Emma to the ward for 7.30.  I cant believe this day has come so fast it only feels like yesterday that she told me that she had been given a date. 

So we got up at 5 and had our showers and got ready , unfortunately Emma cant eat this morning so I felt abit guilty about eating breakfast in front of her but as she says in need to keep my strength up for her.  So we left our house about half 6 and travelled to the hospital and onto her ward,  this journey was hard and wasn't much conversation as we all knew what was going to happen and I didn't want to say anything that made her upset.

Once we arrived at the hospital we went to find her ward,  it felt so weird walking to the ward as it is the end of a era for her, at the ward we were told by the nurse that I wasn't allowed to come and stay with her for abit befor surgery as she was first on the list and going down about 8.30, This was a big shock to both of us and we had a cry as the moment to say farewell had come,  a few tears was shed but held the big cry back so that I didn't make Emma any worse than she was already feeling as  she looked terrified but calm at same time even tho she felt abit ill when we walked passed theatre. 

Once I got home I had a cry as I had a text off Emma basically saying love you forever which made me really sad and upset .  But she finally went down about 9.30 for her op so im currently having the longest wait I have ever been through .  But it will be worth it in the end as I will be able to get to see her again.  She should be back on the ward ready for visiting time which is at 6.30 - 8 . so I will update you later how it goes , and let you know the outcome of the op went and what she looks like and how she is feeling.  Just gota wait for this long wait to be over.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment